The EURUSD didn’t pull back to the level between 1.4410 and 1.4420 where I was looking to enter long. There was a fake inside bar breakout at 11:00 which was a good signal but I did not take that. Now the price is too far out for a good risk/reward ratio. Another missed chance…
Tag Archives: fakey
The EURUSD fakey setup was valid. But contrary to my expectation in broke out to the upside. In fact this is how it was supposed to be given the valid uptrend. I am still uncomfortable to enter long at this level. I continue waiting for a pullback.
The 4h EURUSD chart shows a potential failed inside bar breakout pattern (aka ‘fakey’ by Nial Fuller), in fact a double signal. We are still too early in the current bar but I will closely watch how it plays out. There is quite some room for a corrective move lower as the pair seems overbought and far out from the ‘center of gravity’.
The key support at 0.8467 on the EURGBP daily chart is still intact but still at risk for a break lower. A second consecutive inside bar (today’s candle is not complete yet) signal a volatility squeeze. The 0.8467 support is underpinned by the 61.8% fibonacci retracement level at 0.8447. Either way a false inside bar breakout (dubbed as a ‘fakey’ by Nial Fuller) would be a strong signal to trade.
While the long-term trend is bearish, the current level is crucial to see if the trend will continue with target near the channel lows around 0.8000.
Tag Cloud1stthrust 123pattern AlBrooks atr AUDUSD breakeven breakout confluence correction DAX doubletop ECB EMA entry EUR EURCHF EURGBP EURGBP pullback EURNOK EURSEK EURUSD exit fakey FED fibonacci firstthrust flag flow futuresmag GBPCHF GBPJPY GBPNOK GBPUSD GBPUSD pullback headandshoulders insidebar keltnerbands measuredmove mistake performance pinbar pivotlevel priceaction psychology pullback range recap reversal s&p500 setup stoploss strategy support tactics takeprofit trend trendline USDCAD USDCHF USDJPY
July 2020 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- The Weekly Bottom Line: Rising Infections Pose a Challenge to Economic Recovery
- Forward Guidance: US Virus Resurgence a Cautionary Tale amid Increasingly Positive Economic Data
- Week Ahead: As Good as It Gets?
- Week Ahead – Economic Reopening Continues
- RBA to Stay Put as Flare-Up Threatens Australia’s Envious Virus Record
- Week Ahead – Markets Torn Between Conflicting Narratives
- Weekly Economic and Financial Commentary: Waves of Data Headed into Independence Day Weekend
- Sunset Market Commentary
- US 30 Index Attempts To Keep Recent Gains Intact
- GBPUSD Holds Inside Ichimoku Cloud After Bullish Cross Within SMAs